Due to the nature of our purpose and content, we are strict and specific in faculty qualifications.
- All faculty must be members in good standing with an Orthodox Christian Church that is in communion with the Antiochian Archdiocese of North America (www.antiochian.org). We do not put this requirement on students.
- If there is a desire to teach an Orthodox studies class (Lives of the Saints, Sacraments, etc), then the applicant must be clergy or have a post-secondary certificate/degree higher in Orthodox Theological Studies. Examples include an Orthodox seminary, St. Stephen’s Certificate Program, etc. At the discretion of the dean and on a case-by-case basis, monastics may be exempt from this requirement.
- If a layperson or minor clergy, letter of recommendation from the parish priest AND father confessor (if not the same person).
- If a deacon, letter of recommendation from the parish priest may be required.
- If an Antiochian priest, a private interview with the dean may be required.
- If a clergy from another jurisdiction, the dean may require a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s respective hierarchy or pertinent ecclesiastical authority.
All job openings are contract-based, remote (work from home)
We estimate the weekly commitment at 60-90 minutes according to a 16-week semester schedule.
Compensation: All positions are paid 75% of student tuition. Our teachers also receive a scholarship toward any of their children enrolled with SAA, paying only $35 per class for the year. Our classes have 5-12 students. We have three tuition tiers. The higher tuition rate is for core subjects, Middle School and High School, that meet twice a week. Elementary core subjects, Orthodox Studies, and electives are in the second tier for the year. Half semester classes are in the third tier.
+ The first tier tuition is $430 for each class per student for the whole academic year enrolled in Middle School and High School subjects. This is for classes that meet twice a week.
+ The second tier tuition is $320 for each class per student for the whole academic year enrolled in KeimTime Learning, 4th & 5th grade Elementary core subjects, and for classes that meet once a week, such as our religious study courses.
+ The third tier tuition is $160 for one-semester classes per student enrolled that meet once a week.
We have a no interest payment plan to collect tuition. Clergy Family Discounts pay in full at the time of registration.
- At 75% Teachers are paid $323 per student for first-tier, $240 per student for the second-tier, and $120 per student for the third-tier.
Examples in Compensation
- 5 students at third-tier tuition: $600 for semester
- 10 students at the second-tier tuition: $2,400 for the year
- 5 students at the first-tier tuition: $1,615 for the year
- 10 students at the higher-tier tuition: $3,230 for the year
- Monthly paychecks per semester: Fall: September, October, November, December and Spring: February, March, April, May
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Curricula Vitae/resume (show your qualifications to teach the subject area)
- Which subjects you want to teach (in order)
- Preference for middle or high school
- Why you are interested in this position
- Your jurisdiction, parish membership, pastor’s name, and contact information
- A letter of recommendation is not required until a job offer is extended.